Raffle Salesperson, term employee – Job Posting
The Kelowna & District Safety council is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated raffle salesperson for our annual fundraising event. This year we are running a 2017 Harley Davidson Motorcycle Raffle.
Starting in April and running until mid-Augustst, we are looking for someone who has the ability to move a small trailer with two motorcycles to and from venues, 5 days a week. The salesperson must be able to tow the trailer, and ensure the daily set up and take at the location. In addition, the salesperson must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be able to liaise with venue site managers, post to social media sites daily, and ensure control of all tickets and sales cash and credit card info. and daily cash balancing. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
The Salesperson must be available to work weekends during this period, and must be able to transport motorcycles with reliable transportation and must be also be physically able to move motorcycles. Wages and expenses are negotiable and the position is expected to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply: Please forward a resume and a cover letter that details how you meet these qualifications to the attention of the Executive Director at KDSC, 395 Hartman Road, Kelowna BC, V1X 2M9 or by email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Coordinator Assistant, summer student – Job Posting
Please note: this is a Summer Student position only and subject to government funding.
*Applicants must be aged 15 to 30, full-time students who are intending to return to their studies in the next school year. (There is a possibility that more than one student may be hired, dependent on funding available.)
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Coordinator Assistant is responsible for assisting the Coordinator with Little Traveler’s Safety Village programs as well as KDSC administrative tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• teaching children’s safety courses such as traffic and pedestrian safety
• coordinating with teachers and daycare providers for pedal car field trips & with families for birthday parties and hosting same
• supervising children while at the Safety Village and community events
• preparing and distributing children’s safety course flyers and materials
• maintaining and updating distribution lists through data entry
• organizing student manuals and handouts
• helping to staff KDSC booths and pedal car courses at Fairs and Community Events and provide safety-related information to children and their families
• registering students for LTSV courses, Rider and Driver training courses and private lessons
• ensuring all paperwork is complete and ready prior to courses and lessons for instructors
• participating in social media postings
• completing assorted administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying, reminder calls to students, answering phones and fielding public inquiries using exemplary customer service skills, ensuring forms are available and supplies are stocked
• office cleaning and yard maintenance as required
• raffle ticket sales assistance as required
The Coordinator Assistant must be friendly, enthusiastic and positive and enjoy working with the public and with children, have office and customer service experience with above-average skills, and good computer skills using the Microsoft Office suite. The Coordinator Assistant must be flexible and able to multi-task and take direction well. He or she must be detail oriented with organizational skills and above average communication and interpersonal skills. A minimum grade 12 education is required.
Experience in any of the following would be considered an asset; working with children, teaching, sales and marketing or students pursuing those careers.
Students must be available to work weekends, have reliable transportation and be physically capable of moving bulky, heavy items such as the children’s pedal cars. A successful criminal record check is also required.
How to Apply: The deadline for applications is midnight April 2nd, 2017. Please forward a resume and a cover letter that details how your qualifications match this position to the attention of the Executive Director at KDSC, 395 Hartman Road, Kelowna BC, V1X 2M9 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Instructors – We will be recruiting in the fall of 2017!
Please keep checking back.
KDSC operates a Rider and Driver Training Facility, and is open to applications from provincially licensed instructors. Contact Ayn Lexi, Executive Director, to inquire.
As one of the province’s few licensed Class 6/8 Instructor Training Facilities, KDSC holds Instructor Training Courses on an as-needed basis. Contact Ayn Lexi, Executive Director, to inquire, or complete the attached Application Form.