Babysitter Training Course
KDSC’s Babysitter Training Course for ages 10 and up is loaded with special features and will teach young people about:
- the rights/responsibilities of the employer/the child/the babysitter
- the developmental and behavioral characteristics of children
- basic child care, nutrition, injury prevention
- basic first aid procedures
- how to handle emergency situations and illness
- a variety of age appropriate games, songs, and toys
- the business of babysitting
PRICE: $64.50 (no tax)
Course Time: 9:00am-4:00pm with a half-hour lunch break
What children need to bring: pencil, notebook, water bottle, snacks, lunch, eyeglasses if needed, and a baby-sized doll or stuffed animal.
*Includes an illustrated reference book with group exercises and note-taking pages.
All students who receive 80% or higher on the final exam will receive a graduation certificate from KDSC. However, it is up to parents to know the laws in their province and to decide if their child (whatever his/her age, and whatever his/her final test score) is old enough or mature enough to babysit, and the circumstances under which he/she should be left alone to care for younger children.
Kelowna Location: KDSC classroom
West Kelowna Location: Lakeview Heights Baptist Church (2630 Alhambra Dr)
Step 1. Please provide the following information
Step 2. Choose date and make payment