Babysitter Training Course – REGISTER NOW
KDSC’s Babysitter Training Course for ages 10 and up is loaded with special features and will teach young people about:
- the rights/responsibilities of the employer/the child/the babysitter
- the developmental and behavioral characteristics of children
- basic child care, nutrition, injury prevention
- basic first aid procedures
- how to handle emergency situations and illness
- a variety of age appropriate games, songs, and toys
- the business of babysitting
PRICE: $78.50 (no tax) – price includes an illustrated reference book with group exercises and note-taking pages
Course Time: This course now takes place on TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS from 9:00am to 1:30pm.
What children need to bring: snacks and lunch, water bottle or beverage in a tightly sealed container, pencil and paper for writing.
PLEASE NOTE: For the health and safety of students with allergies, we ask that all snacks and lunches be free of nuts and nut oils. This includes, but is not limited to, peanut butter, dressings, granola bars, etc.
All students who receive 80% or higher on the final exam will receive a graduation certificate from KDSC. However, it is up to parents to know the laws in their province and to decide if their child (whatever his/her age, and whatever his/her final test score) is old enough or mature enough to babysit, and the circumstances under which he/she should be left alone to care for younger children.
Kelowna Location: KDSC classroom
West Kelowna Location: Lakeview Heights Baptist Church (2630 Alhambra Dr)
Step 1. Please provide the following information
Step 2. Choose date and make payment