Babysitter Training Course
KDSC’s Babysitter Training Course is loaded with special features and will teach young people about:
- the rights/responsibilities of the employer/the child/the babysitter
- the developmental and behavioral characteristics of children
- basic child care, nutrition, injury prevention
- basic first aid procedures
- how to handle emergency situations and illness
- a variety of age appropriate games, songs, and toys
- the business of babysitting
This course is for children ages 10 and up.
The cost of the course is only $60 (no taxes) and includes a illustrated reference book that includes group exercises and note taking pages. Other handouts and/or booklets may vary class to class.
All students who receive 80% or higher on the final exam will receive a graduation certificate from KDSC. However, it is up to parents to know the laws in their province and to decide if their child (whatever his/her age, and whatever his/her final test score) is old enough or mature enough to babysit, and the circumstances under which he/she should be left alone to care for younger children.
Please note that students will be copying notes off the whiteboard. Make sure that your child has their glasses with them and sits near the front of the class if they need to.
What children need to bring: pencil, notebook, water bottle, snacks, lunch and a baby-sized doll or stuffed animal.
Register below for an upcoming course (check back as new courses are added frequently).